Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

things that make me happy: denim



So the point of this blog, which may have gotten lost in the flood of posts about getting out of the city, is being positive and making the most of living in New England. Up to this point I've written a ton about making the most of New England, which lends itself to positivity in my opinion, but I haven't focused much yet on the "happiness" aspect. So I want to start a series of posts called "things that make me happy". Just to share with you and remind myself of everything that, sorry for the redundancy but, makes me happy.

Everyone has that one pair of jeans that is the pair of jeans. The one that makes your butt look awesome and is so comfortable you could sleep in it. I've worked in two different denim retailers, and I absolutely love helping people find that pair. Buying jeans can be such an undertaking - you can go an entire day of shopping and not find that one pair you had your heart set on. There are so many options these days, it can be almost impossible to even know where to start. Every brand is different, every and not every skinny jean is created equal. So I'm going to post up a few of my favorites - just for fun :)


Wood Wood / High Waist Slim fit in Black Overdye

     I had never heard of Wood Wood before I stumbled across these jeans in the sale section of Urban Outfitters on Newbury. But they are the best pair of high-waisted jeans I've ever worn. The material is soft and stretches as you wear it, but still keeps its shape after a wash. They are SO high-waisted - I've never found any like them. And they look good on litereally everyone...a few friends of mine with completely different body types have worn them on different occasions and they always look fabulous. I'm particular about high-waisted jeans - some end up being more of a mid-rise or gap way too much in the back, but these are fabulous. Fit well, maintain said fit, and comfy as hell. Win/Win/Win.


Madewell / The Boyjean in Bluefin

Full disclosure, I do work for Madewell. But these jeans are awesome. Madewell recently revamped their denim formula so it not only holds its shape better and longer, but feels great - soft and comfy (clearly this is a priority for me).  I'd been looking for the right pair of boyfriend fit denim for probably almost a year, and after I started working at Madewell their denim was suddenly in my price range. (To be honest, I would have bought them at full price had I tried them on in the store, sorry mom.) The new denim is awesome across the board, but it also solves a major problem that can arise with boyfriend fit jeans. Since they are meant to be loose, it is hard to find the perfect balance of loose but still flattering - and this time Madewell nailed it.

imogene + willie / jessie stretch

Imogene + willie is one of my absolute favorite denim brands, if not my favorite. Started in Nashville, its a family run brand that, as much as they can, manufacture their jeans in-house. They are about more than just rolling out new product as often as possible - imogene + willie commit to creating a high-quality product that will last. (They spent three years developing this pair alone). I have yet to own a pair of their jeans, but these are my ideal skinny jeans. Whenever I have the funds I am definitely copping this perfect pair of denim.  They have the slimmest leg of any piece yet, stretch-to-fit but maintain their shape, and they make your butt look great. (Its the pocket placement and the yoke, they create a great heart shape. Butts for the win!) Check out their website - guarantee you'll be impressed by the quality of their products and their brand culture. And, you'll learn things about jeans you never knew you never knew - how often do YOU wash yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment