Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

it got too cold

...so in honor of everyone's favorite hashtag to hate, here's a summertime throwback.

One of the best weekends I remember was the weekend me and Miles spent in Maine. Maine is one of the most underrated states in terms of how nice everyone is, how pretty everything is, and how good the food is. (Obviously we all know where to go for a lobster roll, but that's not all they got!)  We went two days in a row, if that tells you anything, and they were completely different experiences. One was a low key sunset stroll; the other a goofy, fun filled day of sunshine and froyo.

I got it into my head I had to go to the beach at around one in the afternoon on a Saturday, which is realistically when we would have wanted to get there. But this was Summer 2012, the last summer ever, and I was NOT going to miss out on my last chance to go to the beach. We gathered together some "beach materials", as if I even knew what that entailed, and started driving towards Maine. We hit a ton of traffic, but eventually made it to Wells Beach, and it was love at first sight. We got there late, but it was perfect. We strolled for a few hours and then got a delicious meal by the beach, and it was great.

Here are some photos from Wells. Wish I had more, it really was such a beautiful place.

 


 








The next day when we woke up, we both packed our bags and headed right back up to Maine. But this time, to Short Sands beach. A completely different experience, but what a fun day. The water was absolutely frigid but ya girl went all the way under. The pictures pretty much tell the story with this one, so enjoy those summer vibes in this cold New England chill ~~













No comments:

Post a Comment